The best dentist in Orange County makes it clear to us that ozone dental therapy is a natural, non-invasive therapy for many common dental issues. This therapy uses pure ozone, ozonated oil, or ozonated water to safely eliminate microorganisms in the mouth and treat minor tooth decay, also referred to as dental caries.
Different from various conventional treatments, Maryam Horiyat, DDS, the best dentist in Mission Viejo and the rest of Orange County, says ozone therapy is noninvasive and painless. Your teeth and gums don’t have to be numbed to use it, and it doesn’t include any harmful chemicals that can adversely influence the immune system. Unfortunately, not every dental office provides ozone treatments, however, Aria Dental is one of the rare ones that do offer the benefits of ozone therapy. Ozone therapy is a very effective and gentle method of taking care of your teeth and gums.
How Do Dentists Use Ozone Therapy On Patients?
Many patients seeking Zirconia implants get curious when they hear the term “Ozone Therapy” from the cosmetic dentist in Orange County. They want to understand how ozone is used within a dental procedure. Essentially, ozone is used in dentistry by applying either ozone gas, ozonated water, or ozonated oil to the mouth. Within a few minutes, the ozone works to kill pathogenic bacteria and decrease tooth sensitivity.
An ozone dental treatment involves the cosmetic dentist first using an ozone generator machine to produce ozone gas (O3) from oxygen molecules (O2). Some treatments use the ozone gas directly, while others combine the gas with water or oil to make an ozone solution used in the treatment.
An Orange County and Mission Viejo cosmetic dentist places the ozone gas or ozonated water to the patient’s teeth and gums, where it strives. Ozone is a powerful oxidant that is antimicrobial and serves as a disinfectant.
As the treatment takes place, the oxygen atoms in the ozone interact with the pathogens that cause cavities and periodontal disease. The oxygen oxidizes and eliminates the harmful microbes in the mouth and helps destroy the plaque biofilms that result in tooth decay.
One great advantage of ozone treatment is that it doesn’t harm healthy tissues. The body’s cells have antioxidants and free radical scavengers that fight the oxidative effects of ozone. Bacteria and other pathogens don’t have a sufficient number of these molecules, so the ozone cancels them.
Also, patients want to know how strong the ozone used in dental treatments is. The answer to that is the strength of the ozone used revolves around the treatment and equipment used. Normally, ozone gas is used in small amounts directly in the mouth. Ozonated water usually has about 4 mg/L ozone.
What Are The Advantages Of Ozone Dental Treatment?
When dentists are asked this question, they are almost lost for words since ozone therapy offers so many benefits for dental health. These ozone therapy advantages include the following:
- Elimination of Tooth Decay: Ozone therapy is a good way to treat mild tooth decay painlessly.
- Effective Remineralization: Ozone treatment adequately repairs and remineralizes weakened enamel, with or without an extra remineralizing solution.
- Minimally Invasive: In many ozone dental treatments, ozone is applied straight to the outside of the tooth or gums. There’s no need for awful drilling when ozone cavity treatment is carried out, which can relieve dental anxiety for nervous patients.
- Less Tooth Sensitivity: Tooth sensitivity is usually the result of thin enamel. Since ozone is good at repairing tooth enamel, it’s also an amazing way to treat sensitive teeth.
- Canker Sore Treatment: Studies have revealed that ozone can effectively treat and heal canker sores. It helps lessen the pain caused by canker sores, too.
- Treatment of Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Pain: Ozone can be a natural and very effective treatment for TMJ pain.
- Safe, Effective, and Natural: Many dental treatments use toxic materials such as mercury amalgam fillings. Ozone is a molecule found in nature, and it reverts back down to O2 within minutes of a dentist applying it.
- Quick Results: Since there is no numbing required and the application of ozone takes just a few seconds, treatment time is the least possible.
There are so many likely uses and advantages that co-occur with ozone for dental care. Furthermore, it gets rid of the damage to the tooth structure and oral tissue that can come with more invasive traditional treatments.
What Happens During An Ozone Dental Treatment?
Overall, expect your ozone dental treatment to be quick and painless. This is what will happen when you come in for your treatment:
- Your best dentist in Mission Viejo and Orange County, Maryam Horiyat, DDS, will discuss with you what they will be doing and what you can expect during treatment.
- You’ll lie down in the dentist’s chair while your dentist gets the treatment ready.
- Your dental professional will switch on the ozone generator to create the ozone that will be used during your therapy.
- The dental professional places the ozone gas or ozonated water to your teeth and/or gums, wherever the treatment is required.
- You’ll wait up to a minute or two for the ozone to work, then your treatment will be completed.
- Your dentist may have you stay for a few minutes so the ozone has a chance to dissipate and break down before you leave.
Are You A Suitable Candidate For Ozone Therapy?
Your oral health has a huge impact on your overall health and wellness. Opting for natural, holistic dental treatment modalities is important to avoid filling the mouth with toxins. Also, biological treatments can protect the health of the rest of your body, too. For more information about Ozone Therapy, contact Aria Dental at (949) 364-9600 to make your next holistic dental appointment.